Foreign Language Scholarships started in the academic year 2013-2014 by Yücel Cultural Foundation and have been of great interest to young people. They will continue by this academic year as well!
If you lack the foreign language skills and would like to enrich your life by learning a new language this scholarship is made for you!
APPLICATION DATES: 13th of June - 12th of August.
SCHOLARSHIP HOLDERS' RESULT: 1st of September.
How does it work?
Thanks to the cooperation between British Culture, Institut Français and YKV, students who are entitled to a foreign language scholarship receive the great part of their course fee as form of a scholarship paid by the YKV. Each time you finish a level successfully the amount that you have to pay yourself diminishes. (You can see the details of the scholarship for different foreign language institutions below on this page.)
In order to receive the scholarship, you are required to apply during the application period explained on this page. After the submission of applications, the selection committee analyzes and selects the applicants in accordance with the scholarship quota. The selected candidates and the linguistic institutes are informed of the positive evaluation of scholarship applications. Candidates, then, register and start following classes.
Scholars are required to go to at least 60% of the classes. If this obligation is not respected, then they are required to return the scholarship. Abstention due to medical reasons is not part of the above obligation.
Please check the article (11.e) in scholarship regulation!
Who can apply?
It is not required to be a university student in order to apply for this scholarship. Everyone between the ages 18 – 26 are eligible.
Once a candidate is selected for this scholarship, (s)he can continue until the desired level with the condition that (s)he fulfills the minimum required grade at the end of each level. Scholars can not change assigned foreign Language.In this sense, our foreign language scholarships are not accorded on yearly basis or on specific level.
How to apply?
In order to apply, you need to first finish the membership procedure on our website via clicking 'register' button.
Then, you need to choose foreign language scholarships application and complete the online application form (you need to write the same mobile number and e-mail as in membership procedure).
You do not need to fill up the form at once, if you wish, you can save and continue afterwards by clicking SAVE TEMPORARILY at the end of the page. When you are sure about your informations, you can end the procedure by clicking EVALUATE THE FORM. After you use that button, you willnot be able to change the form.
Applications can be made only for one language and any other application willnot be considered.
Foreign Language Scholarship results will be anounced online on September 1 each year.
Required Documents in case of getting scholarship (compulsory for every candidate)
1. Written contract (must be wet signature and with photo)
2. Current residence certificate
According to Online Application Form information (personal)
1.If filled "rental house" on the form, Copy of Rental Contract
2.If marked on the form, payroll,monthly retirement proof or similar documents (can take for e-devlet) belong to family members
3.If marked on the form, documents of social security organization for artisans and the self-employed (bağkur),health card for uninsured people in turkey (yeşilkart) exc. copies or documentary from e-devlet belong to family members
Other than these documents, different paper may be needed in order to confirm the scholarship application forms. For further information, please visit YCF Scholarship Particulars page.
For students planning to attend İngiliz Kültür Language school, basic information on their rules and procedures are below. İngiliz Kültür Language School branches at different locations may have varying rules and prices.
The following information is taken from the contract for İngiliz Kültür Language School, Nişantaşı-Istanbul branch.
- Scholarship students are welcomed to attend İngiliz Kültür Language School, Nişantaşı branch.
- Scholarship students are free to attend any language program that they wish. For English, the only available program is general English.
- Instruction is equivalent to other general English programs offered by the school and in line with European Language Portfolio.
- Instruction is 80 hours for elementary level, 100-120 hours for A1 A2 and B1 levels and 100 hours for B2 and C1 levels.
- Classes will consist of 6-15 students. Required percentage of foreign instructors at A1, A2 and B1 levels and B2-C1 levels are 25% and 50% respectively.
- Scholarship students can take one hour of private tutoring per week free of charge, six days of the week.
- In addition to classes, students can attend Conversation Club sessions free of charge.
- In addition to classes, students can attend Vocabulary and Writing Club sessions free of charge.
- In addition to classes, students can attend Phonetics Classes free of charge.
- Starting at level A1, students can enter Mykelime internet site using Elite membership for additional language education support.
- Students will get all the books and other educational materials for classes free of charge.
- Students can take free and limitless personal development programs such as Latin dancing, elocution and diction.
- Instructors for the language classes are required to have at least one of the RSA, CELTA, DELTA,TRINITY and TESOL certificates.
- Students can utilize Ingiliz Kultur Dernegi's Library by submitting a deposit of 20 TL.
- Failing students with a class attendance rate of 95% may repeat the same class free of charge.
- Successful students receive Ingiliz Kultur Dernegi's Language School certificate by registering their ID or passport numbers in the system.
- YKV will pay 400 TL to scholarship students for each of the A1,A2,B1,B2,C1 and C2 levels. Any amount above will be paid by the student. Students with a success rate of 80% and above will pay 100 TL less for the next level upon request.
- Scholarship students may choose to attend Fransız Kultur Language School in Istanbul.
- After taking a proficiency exam, students can attend any level of the General French classes.
- Classes will consist of 8-18 students.
- All the instructors for the French language classes have pedagogical proficiency.
- Education program includes proficiency exam and pedagogical support.
- Successful students receive Fransız Kultur Dernegi's Language School certificate.
- Students have unlimited and free access to Fransız Kultur Dernegi's Library for one year.
- Students are required to pay for and provide books for classes.
- Each language level has 50 hour sub-sections.
Preliminary: A1 (A1.1 / 50hrs and A1.2 / 50 hrs) level is 100 hrs.
Advanced Preliminary: A2 (A2.1 / 50hrs and A2.2 / 50 hrs) level is 100 hrs.
Mid-level B1 (B1.1/ 50hrs, B1.2/ 50 hrs and B1.3/ 50 hrs) level is 150 hrs.
Advanced Mid-level B2 (B2.1/ 50hrs, B2.2/ 50 hrs B2.3/ 50 hrs and B2.4/50 hrs) level is 200 hrs.
Experienced C1 (C1.1/ 50 hrs, C1.2/ 50 hrs, C1.3/ 50 hrs and C1.4/ 50 hrs) level is 200 hrs.
Advanced experienced C2(C2.1/ 50 hrs, C2.2/ 50 hrs, C2.3/ 50 hrs and C2.4/ 50 hrs) level is 200 hrs.
Tuition for each 50 hour level is 722,25 TL for weekdays and 795,00 TL for weekends.
YKV will pay 400 TL per level (A1,A2,B1,B2,C1,C2). The remaining amount will be paid by the student.
Students with a success rate of 80% and above will be paid an additional 100 TL for attending the next level.
Please visit Fransız Kültür Merkezi's website for further information.
Choosing language schools
Students who are awarded language scholarships from outside of Istanbul may choose to any language school they wish.
Attending British Culture and Fransız Kultur language schools (explained above) are not mandatory. However, tuition amounts paid by YKV are predetermined every year by the board and any amount above will be paid for by the student.
Language School Donations
Donors can choose to support language school students if they wish by accessing our website and make a donation using a credit card. All of their donation will be used for language school scholarships.