Foreign Language Scholarships started in the academic year 2013-2014 by Yücel Cultural Foundation and have been of great interest to young people. They will continue by this academic year as well!
If you lack the foreign language skills and would like to enrich your life by learning a new language this scholarship is made for you!
APPLICATION DATES: 15th of June - 17th of August.
SCHOLARSHIP HOLDERS' RESULT: 1st of September.
How does it work?
Thanks to the cooperation between British Culture, Institut Français and YKV, students who are entitled to a foreign language scholarship receive the great part of their course fee as form of a scholarship paid by the YKV. Each time you finish a level successfully the amount that you have to pay yourself diminishes. (You can see the details of the scholarship for different foreign language institutions below on this page.)
In order to receive the scholarship, you are required to apply during the application period explained on this page. After the submission of applications, the selection committee analyzes and selects the applicants in accordance with the scholarship quota. The selected candidates and the linguistic institutes are informed of the positive evaluation of scholarship applications. Candidates, then, register and start following classes.
Schoalrs are required to go to at least 95% of the classes. If this obligation is not respected, then they are required to return the scholarship. Abstention due to medical reasons is not part of the above obligation.
For further information please visit http://www.yucelkulturvakfi.org/icerik/12 and have a look at (e) part.
Who can apply?
It is not required to be a university student in order to apply for this scholarship. Everyone between the ages 18 – 26 are eligible.
Once a candidate is selected for this scholarship, (s)he can continue until the desired level with the condition that (s)he fulfills the minimum required grade at the end of each level. In this sense, our foreign language scholarships are not accorded on yearly basis or on specific level.
How to apply?
In order to apply, you need to first finish the membership procedure on our website via clicking 'become a member' button.
Then, you need to download and fill foreign language scholarships application form (you need to write the same mobile number and e-mail as in membership procedure).
You need to print out the filled application form and written engagement, sign and send alongside the other required documents to the following address: Yücel Kültür Vakfı Zühtüpaşa Mah. Bağdat Cad. Keylan İş Merkezi 15/8 34724 Kızıltoprak - Kadıköy / ISTANBUL. Forms are required to be arrived, between 15 June and 17 August, you can also come and bring your documents if you wish to do so. Pay attention to the fact that our foundation does not work with MNG Shipment Company.
Please send your documents in 'one' sheet protector.
We do pay attention to the arrival date of your documents and not to the shipment date. Therefore, be careful not exceeding the application period while sending your documents. Documents which arrive later than the deadline will be disregarded.
Election results will be announced on 1st of September at our website.
1. Application form (hand-signed)
2. Written Engagement (hand-signed)
3. One picture (gummed at the required frame on the application form)
4. Two-side copy of the identity card
5. Residence Certificate
For further information please consult our Scholarship Regulation.
SCHOLARSHIP DETAILS FOR THE CANDIDATES SELECTING FOREIGN LANGUAGE SCHOOLS OF BRITISH CULTURE
- Scholars can choose every section of British Culture through Taksim branch in anywhere in Turkey.
- Scholars can register to every language course available in the particular section. They can also choose for general English language courses.
- The organized courses are identical to the English courses given in British Culture and are in accordance with the Common European Framework for Languages.
- 80 hours of course for the Beginner level (A1) is required. For A2 and B1 levels respectively 100 and 120 hours are required. For B2 and C1 levels 100 hours of course are requried.
- Classes are for 6 -15 persons. There is native teacher requirement: 25% for A1, A2 and B1 levels; and 50% for B2 and C1 levels.
- Scholars have right to have 1 hour of extra private course six days per week alongside the classes.
- Scholars can also freely participate to the Conversation Club.
- Scholars also can freely participate to the Vocabulary & Writing Club.
- Scholars also can freely participate to the Phonetics Club.
- Scholars can self-support their linguistic levels freely by the web-site MyKelime starting from the A1 level via the Elit Member entry.
- Scholars receive books and other educative materials without any supplementary fee.
- Scholars benefit freely and in an unlimited manner from the organized activities such as personal development programs, Latin Dances, Public speaking and Phonetics
- Teachers are required to have a pedagogical formation and at least one of the following teaching certificates: RSA, CELTA, DELTA, TRINITY or TESOL.
- Scholars benefit from British Culture's Library for a guaranty deposit of 20 TL.
- Scholars who have a participation ratio of 95% can repeat the same level in case they fail at the first time.
- Scholars who finish the levels successfully receive a British Council English Language Certificate. It is registered into the system with the identity or passport number of the candidate.
- Scholars who would like to use the Foreign Language Scholarship at British Culture pay 302 TL per level instead of the normal fee. The rest is paid by the YKV. If scholar has a 90% success rate at the end of the level, and would like to continue with the next level, then (s)he is required to pay 50 TL less.
SCHOLARSHIP DETAILS FOR THE CANDIDATES SELECTING FOREIGN LANGUAGE SCHOOLS OF INSTITUT FRANÇAIS D'ISTANBOUL
- Scholars can register the language school of Institut Français in Istanbul.
- Scholars register for the general French programs of any desired level. (After the placement test.)
- Classes are composed of minimum 8, maximum 18 persons.
- The entirety of the French courses are given by the teachers of the Institut Français who accomplished their education and received their certificates, completed a pedagogical formation.
- The registration fee to the program includes the level determination test and pedagogical support.
- At the end, scholars receive their certificate given by Institut Français in Istanbul.
- Registered scholars have right to benefit from 1 year library membership and 6 months membership of the Institute's e-learning platform.
- Registered scholars have right to freely participate to many activities organized by Institut Français.
- Book fee is not included in the course fee and need to be separately paid by scholars.
- Beginner (A1) and Advanced Beginner (A2) levels require (50 + 50) 100 hours; Intermediate (B1) and Upper Intermediate (B2), Advanced (C1) and Proficient (C2) levels require (50 + 50 + 50) 150 hours of course.
- Each level is divided in sections per 50 hours of course. In other words, A1 and A2 levels are subdivided in 2; B1, B2, C1 and C2 are subdivided in 3 sections.
- Scholars who would like to use their foreign language scholarships at the Institut Français in Istanbul:
- For more information for the courses, please visit Institut Français d'Istanboul's website.